This is a simple way to prepare chicken pieces with a touch of Mexican seasonings and the great flavor of La Patrona Salsa Roja Fresca
- 1 whole chicken, cut in pieces
- 4 cups La Patrona Salsa Roja Fresca
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced julienne
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 sweet green pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 whole bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 3 + 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Heat the first 3 tablespoons oil in a large pot over medium high heat and fry the potato slices for 10 minutes, turning to cook evenly, reserve in a plate with paper towels to dry. Dry the chicken pieces with a paper towel, season slightly with salt and sautee with the rest of the oil over medium high heat, turning to brown evenly. Add the onion, peppers, garlic, reserved potatoes, bay leaves, oregano and pepper. Mix well, reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
If the chicken seems to dry up, you can add a little water. Add the La Patrona Salsa Roja Fresca to the pot and continue cooking for 10 more minutes. Check for seasoning and serve immediately.